Thursday, 17 January 2013

Pho Hung - China Town

I honestly felt ill after eating here.

I was feeling a little coldy so was looking for a hot and spicy soup, which logically brought Pho to mind. I asked a knowledgeable friend, and he suggested Pho Hung

I typically like to order whatever is a little more unusual on the menu so my Pho Choice was rare beef, tendon, and tripe. I should have been forewarned. 

Not only did the soup taste like old body parts, the sinewy texture of the tendon (or tripe - I frankly could not distinguish the two) absolutely was like chewing the eraser on a pencil. MMMM. 

The saving grace were the deep fried egg rolls which were actually quite delicious.
Ultimately, the formidable pho (see what I did there?) shrouded any salvageable degree of positivity. 

DO NOT EAT HERE unless what I described above is what you are into. Then, by all means - Bon Appetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment